Friday 11 January 2013

Letter Formation

Is it Important?

I’m not sure if letter formation is important. I think it is essential that children are able to use letters that are recognisable and convey meaning, but I’m not sure it’s important to use the rounded k or the kicking k.

But I am working on helping the children to improve their fine motor skills.

We have squeezed in weekly fine motor skill sessions into our already packed time table, and this term I will be focusing on letter formation.

I’ve produced some sheets. To be honest with you, I don’t know if they are appropriate. I know that the head teacher has asked me to focus on letter formation so I have made these sheets for focused letter formation.

Each session lasts 20 minutes. letter formation

As always, you are more than welcome to help yourselves to a copy of this worksheet. Download it here.

What I sometimes do, when I feel bad about giving the children worksheets to do, I will leave them out for the children to access independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment