Sunday 18 November 2012

Gruffalo Lesson Plan: Rhyming

Going a Bit Gruffalo

As promised, a Gruffalo lesson plan. It’s not my best lesson plan and not my most ‘wow’ starter.

The children do enjoy reading the Gruffalo. If the focus of this story was different, if we were looking at retelling the story rather than rhyming, I would start this story outside in a forest area where the children could act out the story in the forest where the story is set.

gruflesplan Rhyming Lesson Plan based on The Gruffalo book

Hopefully this will help anyone looking for a Gruffalo rhyming lesson. Like I say, it’s not got my best wow starter but it does cover all the literacy areas (speaking and listening, reading and writing) uses ICT and has the option of working outside.

Download the lesson plan here.

Don’t forget to buy your copy of the Gruffalo! Normal paperback is available here. Big book of the Gruffalo available here.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I've just had a look at your Gruffalo lesson plan and I think it's really great, especially the way it refers to the EYFS framework.

    I help to run a free teaching resources website called Early Learning HQ and I was wondering if you would consider sharing your lesson plans on our site? We would of course pay you for the materials you give us and the time you spend on it. We already have a few lesson plans on the site but it would be nice if we could get a few more :).

    If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please email me at abby@earlylearninghq.org.uk and we can discuss this further.

    Best wishes,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I'm on the Early Years PGCE and was looking for Gruffalo ideas when I stumbled upon your site. It's so helpful, thank you!
    from Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Louise! Good luck with your PGCE!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic ideas which I'm going to adapt for a KS1 parent group. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete